Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Everything you hear may not be paranormal

Thought I had something the other day.

I was listening to a recording of a preliminary home investigation before I traded out recorders with the home owner. About 38 minutes in to the recording I could hear music. It lasted about two minutes. The melody sounded like it was from the late 50s, early 60s, when music was just starting to switch from big band and swing into rock.

I didn't remember any music playing or a TV on when we were there and called the home owner to confirm. She agreed with me. I didn't tell here why I called.

Next, I turned off the radio at the office, even though it was a totally different style of music. I walked to the front of the building to see if any music was playing in the other office...there was none.

I listened again. Still at the 38 second mark, the music was there. I asked a co-worker to listen to make sure I wasn't crazy. She could hear it also. I got a little excited at the possible find ... until I talked to Don, the founder of our group.

He had to confess that he showed the home owner a video another member had made of our trip to the Myrtles Plantation in November. Ron had used the music I heard as a background for the film.

Debunked! Darn it!

... but it shows how sensitive the tape recorder is, because they were in another room when he showed her the flick.

No comments:

Post a Comment